Over the past few months, we’ve been overwhelmed by the amount of support and passion people have for Roadies. We’ve been lucky to see how much love our friends and fans have for Roadies. And what great nostalgia there is for a good road trip. As we talked to hundreds of folks, the most common question we get besides does the bus have a shower (it does by the way), is how did you come up with the idea for Roadies? Well, it all started with a hike…
I was hiking in Santa Monica with a friend (who is now an advisor) and we start talking about traveling. And I started talking about my passion for road trips. I’ve been fortunate to do some truly great road trips – from the Daintree rainforest in Queensland, Australia down to Sydney or traveling up and down the east coast of the United States, the California coastline and around the south-east of Canada.
And I thought it was a shame that people don’t get to experience these trips like I used to. These days, it’s hard to get off the time from work or have the time to plan road trips. And if you get a week off of work, did you want to be driving all the time? And I thought – I wonder if there’s a way to modernize the road trip for today’s traveler. So we started talking what-ifs…
- What if you could do a road trip without having to do the driving?
- What if you could use your time experiencing great, authentic locations without wasting your time during the day or night driving?
- What if you could do a great road trip with your buddies or with strangers from around the world?
- What if we could take the luxury coaches rock stars use to get from concert to concert and use them for road trips?
- What if we could create a road trip that has curated the best of what every location has to offer?
- What if our guests can we wake up every morning to a new view, experience and adventure?
And our what-ifs eventually became Roadies. Our first two trips are fantastic road trips. It combines two of our favorite national parks – Grand Canyon and Joshua Tree with the beautiful beaches of San Diego and Los Angeles with two other great locations in Las Vegas and Palm Springs. And these trips are just the beginning.
We hope you like our passion project and look forward to seeing you on the road.